Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 25

Thread: THE TIME HAS COME.......

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Guest 's Avatar

    THE TIME HAS COME.......

    THE TIME HAS COME FOR ALL CHRISTIANS TO GET THEIR HOUSE IN ORDER.... FATHER'S BE A LEADER IN YOUR HOME... TO THE WIFE RESPECT AND HONOR YOUR HUSBAND. TEACH YOUR CHILDREN IN THE WAY THAT THEY SHOULD GO... CORRECT THEM AND TEACH THEM God's Holy word. We are surrounded by so many demonic influnces today... the enemy is trying to steal your family and your children... get on your knees and cry out to God for strength and wisdom! Remember what is most important: God/ family.... Start today and pray for your children like you have never prayed before... God desires to do something in your child... help them to see it....Sow love and praise into their life... and you will reap blessings as you see God using them to win people to Christ. I have a 17 month old and right now He praises the Lord... adn that gives me joy... we must start early but it is never to late to start... allow your children to see you as a father who loves Jesus with everything in them.. and a mother who prays for them non-stop.. guard your children with your life.. they are so precious in the eyes of God.This month and month's to come make it your first priority to grow closer as a family and closer to God together.. Amen!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: THE TIME HAS COME.......

    "I have a 17 month old and right now He praises the Lord..."

    You know, I might get railed for this by other users on here, but I don't really care. Don't you see that as brainwashing your child? To be a 17 month old, he has had to have had that pounded into him on a daily basis to be able to repeat that...and honestly, do you think he knows what it means? I have a friend who constantly gets his kids to repeat cuss words, thinking it's funny. Is it, of course not...but do the kids know what they're saying? No. My mother did the best thing for me she ever could concerning religion. She used to make me go when I was young, but in that time when I was going, she never preached the scriptures to me...she knew at that young age I did not understand. But when I got old enough, she gave me the choice as to whether to continue to go with her or not. You can't have the Word of God forced upon you, salvation has to come to your heart on your own accord.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  3. #3
    Inactive Member UTVols2's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 17th, 2006
    Posts
    5,601
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: THE TIME HAS COME.......

    Well said Mik_Mo
    [IMG]http://www.gifsoup.com/view/926256/tennessee-vols-al-wilson-o.gif[/IMG]

  4. #4
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: THE TIME HAS COME.......

    Well you are right you must accept yourself... but is this what you are trying to say... Kids learn what they see and hear. He sees my wife and I doing it so he mimics us... so I take that as a compliment. Thank you so much.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: THE TIME HAS COME.......

    I'm sorry, no...that's not what I'm trying to say. How does your child say his first word? From a parent's repitition (i.e. "Da-da"). For a child that young you would have to be actively trying to get him to do it...not going to pick up on it himself.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  6. #6
    Inactive Member the_alienist's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 8th, 2006
    Posts
    597
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: THE TIME HAS COME.......

    actually language formation that young has nothing to do with understanding what the child is saying, it is the parents that hear a sound that sounds like an actual word, reinforce it, and the child learns. It's amazing to watch, to see learning taking place.
    I make Machiavelli look like a weenie.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member MikMo's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 23rd, 2002
    Posts
    3,344
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: THE TIME HAS COME.......

    Thanks for the in depth analysis, but I believe I did say in my post that the child that young would not understand what he is saying. I did study child psychology myself.
    [img]http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k102/ETWNAPPEL/calgraphic.gif?t=1238543058[/img]

  8. #8
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: THE TIME HAS COME.......

    That is very much true... but repetition= learning and comperhension. Your right you can teach a child anything good or bad... but I believe we are teaching him good things through him listening to worship music and praising.

  9. #9
    Guest 's Avatar

    Re: THE TIME HAS COME.......

    No i am sorry that is not true... never once held his arm up and said do this.... he watches cartoons and the cartoons are not urging him on... he just repeats their sayings. I would know better than you since He is my son, right? That is what you may have seen but for this situation that is not true. We need to be discussing this on the religion forum but for some reson it will not let me reply... so until then......

  10. #10
    HB Forum Owner R0cketer's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 16th, 2002
    Posts
    7,632
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: THE TIME HAS COME.......

    A kid can 'mimic' and not learn

    Why is it that we always heard that preachers kids end up being the worst [img]/LDPforum/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    What we've got here is failure to communicate. Some men you just can't reach, so you get what we had here last week which is the way he wants it. Well, he gets it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •